Is there a sous vide vacuum sealer for 12 volt out there?

Rosie1963

ramblinginrosie.blogspot.co.uk
I've done a few searches now and there are no obvious machines out there that are designed to work at 12volts.
I am not looking for the heater (as I have worked out how to get a constant 54-57°C on my stove). I am just looking for a 12v vacuum sealer.
Would anybody know of one, use one, and recommend it?

Goldie

Visit site
I've done a few searches now and there are no obvious machines out there that are designed to work at 12volts.
I am not looking for the heater (as I have worked out how to get a constant 54-57°C on my stove). I am just looking for a 12v vacuum sealer.

We use a 240v vacuum sealer, but through an inverter. Our sealer uses (I think, from memory) about 140 Watts so even a cheap ‘plug in’ inverter would do.

nortada

Visit site

I'm confused, why are you posting here? I would have thought you would get more success in Reader to Reader.

nortada

Visit site
Don't worry folks, forum police is on the case

Mine was a genuine question offering, a thought to a fellow forumite.

rtboss, glad to see you are on the case.

Keep up the good work, I am sure the Mods appreciate your efforts to maintain the standards.✔️

But rather than in here should we not be holding this duel in The Lounge - pistols at dawn and all of that❓?

Last edited:

Richard10002

Visit site

Many things that come with an AC plug, are actually powered by DC internally.

If you could see an image of where the power supply goes in, it's my guess that some/all of these are DC powered internally, and could be powered by a DC-DC adapter with the correct sized tip.

I have several "240V" bits of equipment which I actually power via DC-DC converters. TVs, Router, Piano, Laptops, Soundbar). The voltages range from 12V to 24V.

As above, with other stuff where the input is AC, (and the conversion to DC is done internally), I use a 300W inverter with a cigarette lighter type plug, (electric razors, toothbrush, hair clippers).