Is that a mast in your pocket or.....

liz

Visit site
Thank you all for your advice. I was surprised and distressed to see that some of my questions had been misinterpreted……..

Wasn’t that an exciting weekend. I didn’t realise a girl could get so wet.

It all started rather badly when there was a misunderstanding as we were getting into the dinghy but when my man explained and I grabbed the rowlocks instead, the tension seemed to ease a little and we were off.

We sailed around the Solent and listened to everyone chatting to the Coastguard. I asked my boyfriend what the most dangerous boat on the water was and he said - A Sunsail boat on port. I can sympathise with that because it’s always given me a nasty hangover too.

We plan to do our first foreign trip soon so how about a little more help, chaps?

What’s the best watch system on a long passage for a crew of two who are still in the romantic stage of a relationship but want to maintain a proper lookout?

Does the aphrodisiac effect of a gently rocking boat, a half moon in an amethyst sky and two bottles of Chablis ever wear a bit thin?

Is it true that the French for ”I honestly think I’m going to be sick” is “Honi soit qui mal y pense”?

Should I stop shaving my armpits when we’re in France?

And finally, why do I see so few women at sea? Really, what do you chaps do with your women each weekend? They can’t all be helping the gardener with his purple sprouting.

I’m off to try a little common whipping.

A Bientot.

G

Can anybody explain why it's fore-sail, fore-stay, fore-reaching, fore and aft but skin-fitting

jollyjacktar

Visit site
You are wicked!

Liz, if that be your name, for a novice you have caught the scuttlebutt bug well and truely. Methinks you are not what you pretend to be. Keep the scuttlebutt alive.

G

Ah, but what if there are TWO skin fittings? (And I don't suggest the one on the left is the porthole, originally designed to poke cannon through.)

johnt

Visit site
Re: urrghhhhhhhh

its real name is probably fred jollyjack ...please dont encourage him ..we dont really need this

come back Monty all is forgiven!

G

Re: urrghhhhhhhh

Would that be Monty Python or Montgomery?
Mast in your pocket indeed!
It could have been worse!

I think this Liz is a wind up merchant who knows all their is to know about rowlocks!
Kind Redards
Bluebeard