Is it me

KevL

Visit site
PWCs do wave!

especially the one whos engine cut out while crossing about 20 foot ahead of my bows...... He waved quite a lot actually.

--
Tides - Never there when you need one.
Wind - Always there when you don't.

KevL

claymore

Visit site
Did they get the RIB back?

I was in Kerrera Sound when the Race Committee were complaining that a RIB had gone missing - did it reappear?
It was raining I remember.
Bunessan is really pleasant - for a night! 3 days Donald - what did you do!!??

regards
Claymore

Aja

Visit site
Re: Did they get the RIB back?

Didn'T hear of any RIBs going missing - although I'm sure some of the younger memebers of crew did miss the last launch from Oban - long wait till the next one!

Bunessan? Well honestly didn't see that much of it. The fog was so bad that from the fishing boat pier you couldn't see the other side. The funny thing was that it was really warm - and I mean shorts & T-shirts warm. I walked up the road leading out of the village and about 40 metres up you came into brilliant sunshine - but looked out to Staffa and all you saw was a blanket of fog. One of the boats called up the Clansman at Coll who advised to stay in the pub. The ferry to Iona was off.

There were a few boats in mostly Clyde boats, so we called them up and asked them over to Rebel on the second evening for a wee sherry. Turned out to be a long night. The owner of Lily M a beatiful 24' Alden came aboard, its normally based in Rothesay and Robin was en route to the Faroes! He delivers yachts for a living and is normally to be found in the Carribean - but a fund of saily stories. Turned out not that bad.

First time I had been down the West coast of Mull. Really wanted to go through the Sound of Iona - but when the fog lifted sufficiently decided to head north and call into Loch Nam Drambuie which is a favourite for us - too many relations on Mull!

peterb

Visit site
Lovely item in one of the papers recently. Airline passenger wanting special attention pushes to front of queue, and after rejection by checkout assistant says "Do you know who I am?"

Checkout assistant immediately reaches for microphone and over public address system announces "We have a gentleman here who is not sure who he is. If anyone can help, will they please come to checkout 64?"

peterb

Visit site
Just come back from sailing for three weeks in the Baltic and German Friesian Islands. Never more than F5 (more usually 3-4 or less), and hot bright sun. Change your sailing area.

ccscott49

Visit site
Yes! They all wave to me. Welcome back ye' auld devil! I will be over in the area come Chrimbo time, my bruv is now living anboard at glasson, well actually in Dublin at present, supporting the flotilla about the nukes, we tend to be a bit enviromental in our family! The effing stuff killed our father, so he's taken Swn-y-mor over to join in. I'll be coming to see him in december, he'll be visiting Englander in the balleares or Barcelone later. See ya!