Is CNN spoiling it for us?

ronsurf

Visit site
More people heading there then.
I'm not so sure. Most people I know that have visited there had to stay about a week longer than planned due to the weather. I'd like to go, but I've lived down here for 25 years and not felt the need to go. In all honesty, France was always a cheaper and easier option. With better wine and croissants.

DownWest

Visit site
I'm not so sure. Most people I know that have visited there had to stay about a week longer than planned due to the weather. I'd like to go, but I've lived down here for 25 years and not felt the need to go. In all honesty, France was always a cheaper and easier option. With better wine and croissants.
They have wine and croissants in UK??
Seriously, being about half way down France for about 16yrs, I find our dept very low in covid problems, still being very careful though. Current upsurge is troubling, but theUK and US are not really getting it sorted because of the 'anti' mob. Defies logic, still, it will run out and likely effect the voting (?)

ronsurf

Visit site
They have wine and croissants in UK??
Seriously, being about half way down France for about 16yrs, I find our dept very low in covid problems, still being very careful though. Current upsurge is troubling, but theUK and US are not really getting it sorted because of the 'anti' mob. Defies logic, still, it will run out and likely effect the voting (?)
Wine the UK has been very popular since joining the EU. Before that it was Blue Nun, I believe. As for croissants, the local Sainsbury's does a pretty reasonable version first thing in the morning. It's a three minute walk through the park and is a lovely way to start the day.

The UK COVID situation is shocking, and beggars belief. Everyone acts like it's all over. Two friends have died of COVID now, and probably 50% of my friends have had it. One has long covid from last year. Who knows if that will ever go?

I miss France. I miss Italy. I miss looking forward to travelling outside the UK's suffocating atmosphere of constant complaining and glum faces.

DownWest

Visit site
There does seem to be % of every country that are so up themselves that they refuse the obvious. Same here in France. Problem is, they are exactly the ones who keep the virus alive and a risk to everybody.
Friend in UK, dentist, so well jabbed up, got it twice. First, just +ve. But second time, quite strong symptoms. His reasoning was, one looses 20% a month of protection from the vaccine, so he was downt o 29% when he got it.
We are keeping careful and getting our booster next week.

Oh, Aldi has very nice pastaise de natas. The cinnamon comes in late, yum.

bdh198

Visit site
As a Scot I am greatly surprised.

It looks like the sheer number of beautiful places in Scotland available in the survey has probably split the vote for places in Scotland…

“With 34 destinations across England, Wales and Northern Ireland to choose from, as well as 40 locations in Scotland, 5,813 participants had to evaluate their experience of the UK's holiday hotspots based on variables including scenery, walks, wildlife and tourist attractions.”