Internet in the Med

Chris_Robb

Visit site
We use this in the Med and it realy works. At the moment as no free wifi around we are using a dongle from WIND.

Fair winds

Peter

Peter - you will see my post at the end - as you have a wind card - how the hell do I renew it each month if I am not near a wind shop? Seem totally crazy when they are selling internet time not to be able to renew each month on the internet.

Alyssa

Visit site
Chris,

You can buy a WIND top up voucher from almost any tobacconist kiosk in Greece. That gives you a 16 digit code.

I put my data SIM into my mobile phone and dial 1268. Then press 5 to get the instructions in English. You then key in the 16 digit number. (To check balance dial 1269 then 2 for English).
Then text "1GB" (without the inverted commas) to 19595. You then get a text reply in Greek.

Put the SIM back into your modem (dongle) and away you go.

"1GB" is the tariff that gets you 1GB per month

(Am sure that you can do all the above just using laptop/dongle........ but I did it first time round with a mobile phone and it worked.... so never bothered to experiment further.

Dave

duncan99210

Winter in Falmouth, summer on board Rampage.
djbyrne.wordpress.com
Not for the internet but for mobile phone use overseas, we use a GYMSIM sim card in the an unlocked mobile. This gives us reasonable charges for calling landlines and mobiles, no matter what country, and free incoming calls. May be of use for someone needing to accept lots of incoming calls, as it is a UK number which costs no more than the usual cost to call from UK.