International Certificte of Competence

peterb

Visit site
Re: since when...

The CEVNI exam papers I have in front of me have 14 questions. I believe that you must get 10 right (though the worst result I've seen on testing was 12).

My problem, though, is that although I can give and mark the tests and sign the form, who can I get to do the same for me?

<hr width=100% size=1>

BrendanS

Visit site

I'm fascinated by the fact that you can award certificates without being sure of the pass mark. Any time I need to do an exam, can I give you a call? I could certainly do with a little leeway /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

<hr width=100% size=1>

jamesjermain

Visit site
Not needed

Just to be quite clear. You do not need an ICC to sail in Spanish waters or anywhere else in the EU, or in fact beyond, under International Maritime Law.

The exception is if you are planning to go into inland waters when the domestic laws of the country concerned take precedence.

However, as has already been said, small-port harbour masters are not always aware of the different legal status of visiting and national yachtsmen to so awoid hassle it may be as well to have the ICC.

<hr width=100% size=1>JJ

DeeGee

Visit site
it would do you well to look at Marian Martin's little book in your chandlers. If you feel you don't need it - fine! but I'll bet you will be a little surprised by how different regs are on inland waterways. I'll further bet you put your hand in your pocket and buy it.

BTW, for the test, make sure you can tell the difference between black and dark green!

<hr width=100% size=1>Black Sugar - the sweetest of all

peterb

Visit site

It's just that I had the exam papers in front of me, but not the instructions. I couldn't remember whether the pass mark was 10/14 or 12/14. Since no one I've tested has got more than two wrong, it hasn't mattered. If someone gets three wrong, I'll check!

<hr width=100% size=1>

TheBoatman

Visit site
Re: Begging the obvious

Ken
I swear to God your getting bl***y cantankerous in your old age. You’ll be listening to Terry Wogan next<s>.
Stop being so practical, you should know that it’s not the practical bits “jobsworths” are interested in but the paperwork. You can go ram, sink, damage or cut-up anything providing the paperwork’s OK. Just because you sail 1500 Nm through calms and raging storms doesn’t mean jot if you haven’t got the right piece of paper, in fact it’s no proof at all<s>

<hr width=100% size=1>