Interesting stats from Marine Traffic

zoidberg

Visit site
On Sunday I'll likely do that in just over an hour....... :)
The Swinge...? Or 'close west of the Pentland Skerries' where rates of up to 16 knots have been reported.....?

"With a westerly-blowing storm and a west-going Spring tide, conditions have to be seen to be believed" - old Admiralty Pilot.

capnsensible

Visit site
It’s just uncomfortable in reality of course. The water might as well be concrete once you get over 30kn.
I've taken this boat out a lot and taught my friend, the owner, how to drive it. Flat seas, little wind forecast for Sunday. I know what it will be like. 4 on board so probably limited to 25 knots.

Tomorrow though, after ladies football we are out on his Fairline 47. Might do a quick circumnavigation of the Island of Lobos before a n anchored pit stop for a cooling swim.

Motor boats, eh?

However on Tuesday back to 4 knot reality on another friends Alpa 9.6, a fabulously old fashioned yacht.

Diversity and I don't have to antifoul any of them!

Chiara’s slave

Visit site
That last bit it certainly an advantage. We sold our RIB recently, my wife was never in love with it, we just have the 2 sail boats, and any other rides we can blag. Maybe a famous gaffer at the end of the month.

Other threads that may be of interest