insurance

G

I'm presently involved in attemting(!) to make a claim on my insurance with Pantaenius and have found their response not entirely what their 'case history' advertising theme led me to expect. Does anyone else have any experience of claims on Pantaenius insurance?

bedouin

Visit site
I made a claim on my insurance (with Pantaenius) last year. I found the service to be very good.

Is there something unusual about your claim?

PGD

www.peter-davey.com
There seems to be the same theme running through many posts about insurance, I am also in the same position as you but with Nav and Gen - the service you get doesn't match the advertising - there recent newsletter showed how they payed out for a chap that fell asleep at the wheel at 20 Kts and crashed - when I threw this back in the insurers face they admitted that they were trying to get their money back !!! very amusing I thought. I'm now three months into a claim and all is silent - until Monday he he!!!

Good luck anyway

Peter

G

My boat nearly sank due to a seacock breaking (whilest in harbour in Spain). It took me about 7 months to get the monies, mainly because Pantaenius Denmark were "too busy, we will get back to you next week). Only when I involved my lawyers did they manage to pay out. After that, I changed insurance company.

The only "unusual" thing about my case was that I was forced to use a Lloyds damage surveyor in Spain as I could not get hold of any Pantaenius people on short notice. After those 7 months they made a comment that I should have waited for their man to show up - but that would have left me sitting in the yard for weeks which in my case was not an option.

Andreas