Insurance rises

tillergirl

Visit site
I have just got my renewal notice for this year and the cost has gone up 15% in the year (not counting taxes etc), that's £52 on a premium of £352 so they now want a gross premium of £404. Is everybody experiencing this? I'm paying this for £32k cover on a 32' wooden bermudan sloop? Does that match what others are paying?

Solstice

Visit site
If you had been insured with Pantaenius your basic premium would have gone up 50% like mine did. My experience of shopping around since indicates that 15% could be about the norm, especially if it has remained constant for the past few years.

ballena

Visit site
My premium went up by nearly 40 % this year and when I challenged the broker they said "thats the way it is, we have all got to pay for Sept 11th 2001"

I pay £340 for £28500 cover on a 24' sports cruiser.

Regards

Paul R

V8's rule!

colvic

Visit site
Seems that we still have one of the cheapest Insurance markets compared to the rest of Europoe. However, 50% is way above most of the others and speaking from VERY expensive first hand knowledge paying that 50% extra does not get you the service and cover you expected. I'm off to GJW direct as reco by 3 surveyors in the last two weeks.

Phil

kidnapped

Visit site
The interesting thing about all these rises in insurance rates is the brokers commision!! No one has mentioned it, but basically if the premium goes up, so the %age comission represents increases in line with the rise in insurance premium. Who else got a pay rise this year of between 25% and 100%. I didn't, never have and [remember the 'fat cat/MD thread] I'm a CEO ... whatever that's supposed to be.