Insurance renewal shock

Plum

Visit site
I've just received my insurance renewal and the premium has gone up by 47%. :oops:
Standard cruising range. No special terms associated with the quote.
I will ask them to review the quote but, in the meantime, could you let me know which company you use so I can do some comparisons.
Thanks in advance.
Renewed my Haven Knox-Johnston insurance a few weeks ago, 5% increase over last year with no changes

sailorman

Visit site
I've just received my insurance renewal and the premium has gone up by 47%. :oops:
Standard cruising range. No special terms associated with the quote.
I will ask them to review the quote but, in the meantime, could you let me know which company you use so I can do some comparisons.
Thanks in advance.thats large hike not dissimilar to somevcar renewals i hve heard of. I hve a credit on my ins broker a/c. rather than requesting a refund. I though that would😎 reflect in my nxt quotation, 🤔

LeonF

Visit site
Bishop Skinner. Small increase, boat in commission 12 months of the year on a Thames swinging mooring. I did shop around but some companies wouldn't insure the location

tr8

Visit site
The boats, sailing area and where you keep it make lots of difference,
For us, there is a much smaller choice as a 38' yacht that will go down to La Rochelle in this summers trip away you have fewer choices.
But having talked to GJW and explained the plan and the recent upgrades to the boat held the same price.
Some would not even discuss

pragmatist

Visit site
Just had renewal quote from Pantaenius - also 45% up. We have been with them for nearly 30 years and never had a claim. This is taking the mickey IMHO so we shall be taking some advice from this thread. Thank you all.

Plum

Visit site
I've just renewed with Insure4boats. No policy changes and 10% down on last season!
I just got an online quote from Insure4Boats and it took a while to find the policy wording on their website. I had ticked the box for continental cover too but I did not find the policy wording very clear so I called them. Yes, they said, you would be covered for UK coastal water as well as European coastal waters, as it said in the policy. It was only after I took two attempts to get them to understand that those two areas were not connected they told me I would not be covered while crossing the North sea or the Channel and did not offer me an alternative policy.