Insurance post-Brexit

Sybaris

www.kjellqvist.ch
I have been insured with GJW for many years. I live in Greece. I was informed earlier this year that as from 31 Dec 2019 their underwriter (Lloyd's) will no longer insure clients not living in the UK.

I am looking for a good alternative. I got a quote from Pantaenius which was much more expensive than my current insurance with GJW.

Questions:
1. Has this happened to anyone else on the forum?

2. Any good suggestions for companies that will cover Europe post-Brexit?

3. I have a fairly good offer from EIS (European Insurance Services), is anyone on the forum insured with them, and if so, are you satisfied?

V1701

Visit site
Try Yachting 24 - they're underwritten by Pantaenius or at least were, I've used them a few of times, their premiums are reasonable, it's not a job in itself just to arrange your cover and I've seen a few reports that their claims handling is good on these forums. When I had a boat in Greece I was insured with a Greek company, mainly because the boat was ferro & difficult to get cover in UK and the boat when I bought her was already insured with them through the broker in Porto Cheli, I think it was Aegius...

PlanB

Visit site
I was with Bishop Skinner for years while living aboard in Spain - really good service.

sailaboutvic

Visit site
I don't understand why so many say pants are expensive, I been with them for 30 years now and when I hear what others are paying mine isn't that bad in. Any cases not any more ,
if because I hold an YM and at one time I did teachers for a while has any thing to do with it I don't know.

Graham376

Boat on Mooring off Faro, Home near Abergele
Visit site
I don't understand why so many say pants are expensive, I been with them for 30 years now and when I hear what others are paying mine isn't that bad in. Any cases not any more ,
if because I hold an YM and at one time I did teachers for a while has any thing to do with it I don't know.

I've always found Pants dearer when comparing policies and, as I also have YM, that's unrelated.

Poignard

Visit site
My current insurance premium this year was £230.

Pantaenius have quoted me £550 for next year.

Perhaps Pantaenius just go for the low-hanging fruit and avoid older boats and older owners.

Sybaris

www.kjellqvist.ch
Hi everyone,

I found a company based in Germany that gave me a very competitive offer.
EIS European Insurance & Services GmbH
They are themselves underwriters and specialize in yacht insurances. They can offer coverage for any area of the world and was the only company I found that can extend my insurance next winter when we plan on going to the Red Sea again.

Poignard

Visit site
My current insurance premium this year was £230.

Pantaenius have quoted me £550 for next year.

Perhaps Pantaenius just go for the low-hanging fruit and avoid older boats and older owners.

The yacht insurance broker, WG Yachts, has negotiated better cover for my boat than I ever had before at a premium of just £164. That includes 25% NCB. The declared value of the yacht is £15,000.

The boat is kept abroad.

https://www.wgyachts.com/

Elbe to San Sebastian.
Single-handed cover.
Self-certification instead of a survey.
3rd party cover up to £5,000,000.
Personal accident cover up to £20,000.
Medical expenses up to £5,000.
Protected NCB available for an extra £11.