Insurance for air b and b, and beds on board?

elioti

Visit site
Hi there, looking for insurance that will cover be to be able to have guests stay through air b and b please, can't find anyone that will do it. Boat is in France, presume will need a hull survey too?

elioti

Visit site
My insurer, haven Knox Johnson will only insure if use beds on board only, won't insure if I have other guests staying. Any help much appreciated:)

Mr Googler

Visit site
probably not something insurance companies have come across yet. The closest thing is probably charter insurance. The boat would, I imagine need to be coded. Perhaps if you talk to an insurance company in terms of charter, you may get somewhere. That is in essence, what you are doing, you are just not taking them anywhere.

Tranona

Visit site
My insurer, haven Knox Johnson will only insure if use beds on board only, won't insure if I have other guests staying. Any help much appreciated:)

You need business insurance, not yacht insurance. suggest you go to a broker who knows the market rather than doing it yourself. You may well find that UK based insurers will not touch business insurance in France.

elioti

Visit site
Thanks, so far have found insurance companies only offering insurance for chartering, yet the boat won't be leaving port

replacing luck

Visit site
De Novo, Haven Knox Johnson are two insurers that will immediately approve of this type of cover at no extra premium! The boat doesn't leave the dock so it does not need to come under survey, or Coding as you might understand it from a UK perspective. : )