Insurance cover as a group maybe

Myk

Visit site
I have spent more time than I should on the internet and phone trying to find insurance cover, without success I may add. Having spoken with several recommended brokers it seems that companies could be more interested if there were a group of us all buying the same policy which apparently is what happens with some of the other Atlantic Rallies. I don't know much about how this stuff works but maybe some one on here does. Is it something that could be done for the 2014 challenge?

Myk

puckertoe

Visit site
though Ive not looked at insurance for 2014 JC yet. It might be a good to find a few yachts together to get a better deal. BTW Ive used compare yacht insurance this year fr the first time.. just fill in the on line form and click.... very easy, no hassle insuance sorted.

Myk

Visit site
My prep seems to have ground to a halt. Too cold and dark after work. But having said that it must be 90% of the hard work done.
New nav-staion built, boat stripped and painted with two pack paint, all lockers and bulkheads now watertight, standing rigging replaced, new rudder, wind vane serviced and ready to fit, new windows fitted.
Just navigation systems to fit, thinking I will use the iPad then everything is wireless.
Oh yes and the distribution board to build and fit and rewire the boat. Oh well it's not till 2014