Insect Repellent.

BurnitBlue

Visit site
Just remember DEET melts paintwork, plastic, varnish ... and is very painful if you sweat it in to your eyes.

Skin So Soft or the citronella aerosol stuff you get all over Africa works much the same without the pain/boat damage.
Yes I know it can cause indelible figerprints on cameras and sunglasses etc.

Sandydog2

Visit site
I don't think I have ever seen a bed bug. Are they visible? Your comment about grouping could still be relevent. I am covered in red mounds of bites in a pattern of grouping. Seven on one spot of my leg with nothing else round them. Could this be the answer? It would be stupid of me to skip this advice because I dont like the sound of it. Kind of reeks of poor hygeine. I will dig out a change of bedding. I usually sleep on an laid out sleeping bag covered with a large bath towel. The bath towel is changed regularly, but not the underlay. Ooops. It could be the underlay sleeping bag. All bedding is originL from the previous owner of the boat.
I certainly wasn't accusing you of poor hygiene! They are visible. Between 1mm and a few mm long. Like a small beetle. But I think they hide in crevices in the day time. There is lots of advice online about how to tell which has bitten you, bed bugs or mosquitos. Bed bug bites vs. mosquito bites: What to know
Hot washing bedding works, and I'd try vacuuming where they might lurk, and getting rid of the stuff you suck up. If the bite pattern fits, that is. I assume they thrive easily in warm countries, like cockroaches do.

BurnitBlue

Visit site
My favorite has always been OFF.. It works very well.. lots of DEET..
I remember that. I had roll-applicator, once, that was easy to use. I think there was a super strong formulation called JUNGLE-OFF. I wish I could buy some more but I will keep a BOLO on it. Shelves of the stuff here in Greece but none that I recognise.

jonrarit

Visit site
Once bitten we use magellan oil for the bites. Takes the itching away instantly.

40% - Geranim Bourbon Essential Oil
40% - Sesame Seed Oil
20% - Tee Tree Essential Oil

All available on ebay and you mix it yourself
We swear by it…..smells a bit though

Crisby

Visit site
BurnitBlue, which yard are you in please? We are in Cleopatra and presently in the UK packing up the house but our sale has taken longer than expected and won’t get back to the boat until mid July.
Working in the heat and the mozzies is not something I’m looking forward to but I’m hoping they do some spraying with insecticide at some point which we’ve seen them do in the past. We will make sure we bring a good selection of repellants and anti-itch cream with us!

Chris

BurnitBlue

Visit site
BurnitBlue, which yard are you in please? We are in Cleopatra and presently in the UK packing up the house but our sale has taken longer than expected and won’t get back to the boat until mid July.
Working in the heat and the mozzies is not something I’m looking forward to but I’m hoping they do some spraying with insecticide at some point which we’ve seen them do in the past. We will make sure we bring a good selection of repellants and anti-itch cream with us!

Chris
I am next door in Ionion Marine. The heat is already fiece. The mossies are not so bad during the day, but at night in a closed boat they are a terror. Some people I know, use lots of 12 volt fans to keep them away. I have fans still in their boxes. One day I will connect them up.

Crisby

Visit site
I am next door in Ionion Marine. The heat is already fiece. The mossies are not so bad during the day, but at night in a closed boat they are a terror. Some people I know, use lots of 12 volt fans to keep them away. I have fans still in their boxes. One day I will connect them up.
Okay, we have one 12v fan on board, I’ll bring another one and plenty of plug in mozzie tablets, at least we will be plugged in for electric so can use them as much as we need. Not looking forward to doing our April work in July though!

Chris