Inline water filters

MoodySabre

Visit site
Having spent two days with my head in the galley cupboards fitting a fridge, I discovered an inline water filter I didn't know I had /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif. I've had the boat 3 seasons ad the previous owner was short on maintenance so it probably hasn't had a new cartridge for yonks. The tank water never tastes very good. It's a Whale filter the likes of which they don't sell any more. So the answer seems to be - chuck it away and fit a new one.

The new Whale Aquasource look like a replacable item (one season or 4500 litres) £18.95 a year - not too rash. Is there a better make that just has a replacement cartridge? The replacement filter for the Jabscos cost £19.99.

Be happy to have your recommendations.

johnalison

Visit site
I gave up on filters when one disintegrated and filled the system with little granules. They do make the water taste better though.

Allan

Visit site
Thank you! You have just reminded me that I was shown a filter when I bought my boat. I will check the type next time I am on the boat.
Allan

A

Anonymous

As I guess you already know, General Ecology filters are the 'gold standard' but they are horribly expensive to buy. New cartridges about £30 pa for us and we liveaboard and only drink (filtered) tank water.