Inflatable Stowage

tonydyer

Visit site
I have just acquired an inflatable dinghy, but it is too large to fit into the deck locker of my Moody 35. Fwd deck space is not sufficient so it is currently stowed in its rather unsightly blue canvas bag and lashed on the after deck. What I really want is a smart GRP container (similar to liferaft box) that I can put the entire inflatable into and fit in a permanent position aft. I've searched for such a container without success. Does anyone know where I could obtain one (at a reasonable cost of course)?

G

How about a wooden frame with lashing eyes, traditional way of carrying deck cargo. With a canvas cover its neat, cheap ane easy to use.

Roly, Voya Con Dios, Glasson, Lancaster

robp

Visit site
Got the same problem on a Beneteau CC. Moody 35 is a CC? I decided that it's not significantly smaller rolled up and still a pain in the *ss on deck. So I either just put it inflated on the after-deck or leave it behind. I keep an old Achilles in the locker that rolls up the size of a holdall, for unforeseen circumstances.

Snap Davits?

G

I think you might have answered your own question. Try your nearest liferaft servicing station. They sometimes have old canisters or flatpacks from written off liferafts.