In Command

tome

www.google.co.uk
It has come about that MrsTome is taking command in the morning on a trip from St Peter Port to Weymuff.

No problems with her passage planning, waypoints look good, weather forecast excellent etc.

What worries me is the way she's now strutting about and declaring the boat 'dry' with a non-smoking policy.

Should I enter a secret waypoint to Pitcairn or what? How do other furumites deal with such role reversals? It's put the wind up me, I can tell you.

fireball

Visit site
Well - non-smoking obviously cuts out use of the donka donka ... so I assume she can sail quite happily between locations ...
Dry boat - well, thats quite nice, will mean you don't need your waterproofs and will have to open the "dry" wine instead of the usual ...[:D]

cozy

Visit site
I suppose you will have to:
a) remove all reading material from the heads
b) leave the seat down
c) return with flowers when coming off watch

MrsTome

Visit site
Dear Cozy,

Hubby has just gone for a nightcap at local yacht club in a bid to build up reserves for tomorrow's crossing. However I thank you for your welcome suggestions and feel sure Tome will appreciate them too. A little bit of discipline - that's what this boat has lacked up until now! Mrs Skipper.

ccscott49

Visit site
Mutiny, clap 'er in irons and cast adrift, nowt else for it! Head for nearest pub!

They'll be trouble anyway, so might as well pre-empt it!

landaftaf

Visit site
first you need to make up a tarriff of misdemeanors .....
then how about rigging a grating and making a cat of nine tails from pink wool, then get some soft furry gloves, manacles, leather undergarments and scented oil etc ..... it could be the beginning of a new relationship
she then has a choice of which way to go ........ /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

tome

www.google.co.uk
Tee hee!

The skipper had me out my berth at 6.30 for a 7.00 departure St Peter Port, arrived Weymouth 7pm last night without hitting any hurty rocks etc en route. All stess free and we're currently outside the Royal Dorset YC enjoying free Wifi access, danish patries and fresh coffee.

Only place we couldn't connect was Cherbourg so far.

G

I stay in command and She stays comfy "!!"

HER rules are :

Boat must have BIG bed
Must have bottle opener for the Red, white and any other wine she wishes to have aboard.
At least 3 ash-trays so that she can smoke wherever she wishes ....

Me - I just sail the boat ... she hands my beer out to keep me quiet, odd cheese butty etc.

Sad way to sail a boat !!

BlueSkyNick

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
we're currently outside the Royal Dorset YC enjoying free Wifi access, danish patries and fresh coffee.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bit of a typo there mate - is it supposed to say danish panties??

Glad you had a good crossing - well done to Mrs Tome !! I trust she is suitably proud.