Important!! Saturday Night Meal.

BlueChip

Visit site
I guess like a lot of Forumites I am watching the forecast for next weekend with interest.
In view of the fluidity of the weather situation I will not make any final decision about crossing until Thursday pm/Friday am.
You may want to provide some alternative comms routes that we can use to let you know if we pullout - or maybe even final confirmation we are going.
What is the latest you will read your email, after that would a text be best?

<hr width=100% size=1>

BlueSkyNick

Visit site
If you will pardon the expression, we are all in the same boat on this, ie making decisions on Thursday.

Assuming we go, I will be off mails about midday Thursday. After that, my mobile will be on all the time - obviously out of range in mid Channel.

If you respond to tome as requested <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.ybw.com/cgi-bin/forums/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=cherbourg04&Number=574697&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=93&part=> here </A>, you will have my mobile number. Then please do text or call Twister Ken or myself with any change of plans.

<hr width=100% size=1>Sex is like sailing - its not the size of the boat, but the motion of the ocean which matters.

tome

www.google.co.uk
Martin

With Nick organising grub etc I'm trying to take care of comms and now have most of the skippers mobile phone numbers. I'll send out my mobile number by PM to skippers Wed eve so that I can act as a contact point, text messaging will probably be the easiest option.

With weather and other uncertainties, we will almost certainly get some drop-outs and I'll encourage skippers to file brief intentions/updates/abandonments before departure and will keep Nick/TK/Rob in the loop at the other end so that the event doesn't degenerate into too much chaos.

A reminder that this is a loosely organised event and that individual skippers are responsible for all decisions relating to their passage, including whether or not to go. What I would like to avoid is waiting for arrivals who have abandoned the passage without letting us know. This could spoil the entire weekend.

Cheers
Tom

<hr width=100% size=1>

Talulah

Visit site
Just to confirm Brian's message about being there. We are taking part in the RORC race to Cherbourg Friday night. It would have to be pretty bad for them to cancel the race. However, this is meant to be a fun weekend, not one of those life experiences. If it's a F7 I can imagine half the fleet dropping out.

<hr width=100% size=1>