Identify this Pocket Crusier.

Mark-1

Visit site
Anyone ID the class of this mini cruiser?

(I'm sure there was a 14 foot pocket cruiser with Blue sails. "Explorer 14" or similar.)

1000009470.jpg

fredrussell

Visit site
Does it have twin rudders? Quite unusual on a boat that small, no? And is that a bow sprit or just an anchor up front? Home build?

Mark-1

Visit site
Does it have twin rudders? Quite unusual on a boat that small, no? And is that a bow sprit or just an anchor up front? Home build?

It *was* twin rudder, yeah. Since it's not a Voyager 14 the Home Design idea seems plausible and it was just around the corner from a Premise 12 so perhaps two Home Designers sailing in company. Thanks!

Mark-1

Visit site
Could the blue sails just be a coincidence - based upon the Storrar and Bax sailmaker emblem they could be taken from an old Enterprise dinghy?

Yeah, they were cut like Enterprise sails and the right shade of Blue. Maybe the reefing points had been added later. Until it got close it just looked like an Enterprise.

Mark-1

Visit site
It looks to me like one of the Selway Fisher designs, I think there’s a 14’ and a 16’ version.

Thanks, that's got to be it. As a home build easy to put twin rudders on.

Plywood. 😱

I love it a bit less now. 😁

Crafty Sailor

Visit site
Correctly identified Peter V! It is indeed my Lynx 14, a Selway Fisher design built from plans in plywood. The sails are ex Enterprise and mast and boom from a GP14. I added the reef points. The twin rudders are to allow the o/b to be mounted centrally and work very well. She has a steel centre plate plus ballast totalling 100kg. Accommodation for one only. Launched from Northney marina for a day sail.

Mark-1

Visit site
Correctly identified Peter V! It is indeed my Lynx 14, a Selway Fisher design built from plans in plywood. The sails are ex Enterprise and mast and boom from a GP14. I added the reef points. The twin rudders are to allow the o/b to be mounted centrally and work very well. She has a steel centre plate plus ballast totalling 100kg. Accommodation for one only. Launched from Northney marina for a day sail.

Thanks for posting. Lovely vessel, brightened up my Sunday.

fredrussell

Visit site
Well built sir. Years ago I built a stitch and glue Canadian canoe from Selway Fisher plans. A very enjoyable project.