ICS Nav 6 Woes-Any Ideas?

Kurrawong_Kid

Visit site
Unit working fine then suddenly stopped receiving. Suspect water ingress in "shark type" aerial. Remove and inspect, no sign of water. Reconnect. Display indicates RX when messages expected but no Navtex message displayed. Whilst trying to examine the filters in case set not to "no messages", screen goes blank! After some pushing of keys, together with disconnecting and reconnecting the power, screen reappears but only in setup mode: will not shift to navtex view.
Cannot work out whether the display is faulty, the aeriel is faulty, my wiring up is faulty or the unit is beyond repair.
Suspect the decoder may have failed in aerial or is there an obvious wiring error? Thanks in anticipation.

KevinT1

Visit site
When my ICS Nav6 stopped working the display showed a “Error” in the top line of the display. In that case it was the Fin Antenna that had water ingress and the PCB showed loads of corrosion. I’ve now replaced it with the new type of antenna unit and am using my backstay as the antenna

Email ICS Electronics support at support@icselectronics.co.uk They are really quick to reply

IanCC

Visit site
There is very little to go wrong in the display unit. Mine looked all fine but no messages. Swopped old aerial for inboard box, now great.