I the light of recent cases of bullying

Becky

Visit site
in the press, and the advice schools have been given to deal with this phenomenon, I was wondering if forumites have noticed that certain individuals seem to be the recipients of psychological pressure, criticism, and to put not too strong an interpretation upon it, frank bullying. Poor Jimi is one person who fulfils these criteria, in the light of adjacent threads. TK suffered enormous distress when struggling with his new teak decks last year. Jimi again had to suffer both the indignity of a boat with no rudder and the ribbing of countless people on this forum. Even Claymore is teased because he has patio furniture on his after deck. I am thinking of asking Kim for advice on what should be done. What do the more gentle and understanding contributors to this forum think? Should they be advised to contact Childline, an organisation very experienced in helping in such situations? How can we help these really very nice people?

<hr width=100% size=1>

graham

Visit site
Perhaps a new forum could be set up to offer counselling to those traumatized by the dog eat dog world that is Scuttlebut.

Or they could download one of these stress busting screen savers that make your PC look like a tropical fish tank.

Meanwhile do we just continue taking the pi$$ as normal???/forums/images/icons/smile.gif

<hr width=100% size=1>

john_morris_uk

yachtserendipity.wordpress.com
Oh no!!!

Part of my job is being an Equality and Diversity Officer. I even have to lecture on the subject from time to time. I am currently in the middle of an extremely sensitive case of harrassment and bullying and I come home to look on YBW and find....

I'm going out...

<hr width=100% size=1>

Robin

Visit site
<blockquote><font size=1>Quote from previous post:</font><hr>

Part of my job is being an Equality and Diversity Officer

<hr></blockquote>

You don't work for Prince Charles do you?

<hr width=100% size=1><font size=1>Sermons from my pulpit are with tongue firmly in cheek and come with no warranty!</font size=1>

Robin

Visit site
Quite right that something is at last being done about bullying.

When I was at school and in the local church choir I was bullied by the head chorister. My dad enrolled me at the local boxing club amd I left the choir.

It has had a profound effect on me all my life. I am a pugnacious old sod and cannot sing./forums/images/icons/frown.gif

<hr width=100% size=1><font size=1>Sermons from my pulpit are with tongue firmly in cheek and come with no warranty!</font size=1>

Peppermint

Home in Chilterns, Boat in Southampton, Another bo
Visit site
Re: It appears

that what is required is to develop a caring environment where the delicate flowers that are "Tender Forumitiis" can be supported through any bouts of unnecessary roughness. Perhaps we should consider a buddy system or perhaps a Hot Line.

Alternatively some of the bigger boys could take the bullies around the back of the moniter and give the jolly good beating using CAPITAL letters.

Just don't let prefect Kim know about it. He's got a big stick.

<hr width=100% size=1>

mirabriani

Visit site
Aaaaahh!
It would have to be a lady to even think of such an idea. Good job too.

However, I feel the people mentioned are probably well able to give as
good as they get.

Perhaps they will tell us all?

Regards Briani

<hr width=100% size=1>

claymore

Visit site
Hmm

What you say sounds OK but under the harsh spotlight of reality as opposed to virtuality, the main thrust of your post stumbles a little. You describe Jimi as 'nice.'
This is in fact a flawed observation as he is not and the wee bugger deserves all that he gets. There is a sheep in Tayvallich who would agree with all I say. In terms of my good self, you are correct, I am a nice person.

<hr width=100% size=1><font color=purple>regards
Claymore<font color=purple>
/forums/images/icons/smile.gif
http://www.whoi.edu/services/facilities/CLAYMORE/

ShipsWoofy

Visit site
Bully Claymore! Are you sure?

He is a big hairy, well maybe not so hairy, Jock. I would never bully a Jock! Why do you think they built the damn wall!

I say add a few feet, some barb wire, conning towers, armed guards, minefields, let em keep their ugly parliament building and stay ooop north.

Scary dress wearers!

/forums/images/icons/smile.gif

<hr width=100% size=1><A target="_blank" HREF=http://big-blunkett.blogspot.com/>Say no to compulsary ID, vote out Überfuhrer Blunkett</A>

Becky

Visit site
What 'full set', what pic. Noooo, I just feel for these poor guys.
Women cannot meet men on their level of pi$$ taking, we just don't think that way. We are nice to people, caring, nuturing; and what you do to those poor Scottish guys is so heart-rending it really upsets me. I suspect that Weekend Julie (weekend? Where did that come from?) and the other girls feel the same way. It is just the psychotherapist in me coming out again. And the fact that HWMBO is back in London/forums/images/icons/smile.gif

<hr width=100% size=1>

powerskipper

www.facebook.com
Becky you have to look on it as
" Boys will be Boys"

They have this testoooosssstum thing that gets inflated and then they can't think strait for a while. So best to let them play and talk to them when they are nice gentlemen again.

<hr width=100% size=1><A target="_blank" HREF=http://powerskipper.mysite.freeserve.com/>http://powerskipper.mysite.freeserve.com/</A>
Julie

Becky

Visit site
Julie, this is the only way I have found to have a gentle nudge at the boys. I have two sons, well grown now, so I do now how men interact (my ones anyway). Funny isn't it? And I am on my own at the moment, so no imposed restrictions from Richard/forums/images/icons/smile.gif

<hr width=100% size=1>

Mike21

Visit site
In that case you'll probably have a long wait
36_1_21.gif

<hr width=100% size=1>
28_4_9.gif

powerskipper

www.facebook.com
These guys are great , you can have a eeerrrrr discussion, and they do try to Stay PC. They laughter with you. OK bunch [who said that]
Have a rant if you want, good fun seeing who is brave enough to answer.

Just be you Becky

<hr width=100% size=1><A target="_blank" HREF=http://powerskipper.mysite.freeserve.com/>http://powerskipper.mysite.freeserve.com/</A>
Julie

ccscott49

Visit site
Dont be fooled by that pair of whingeing divils!! Have you ever met them? Obviously not, terror of the clyde that claymore, plus he has one handedly destroyed the university education system and that jimiiiii fella has wrecked more boats/holding tanks/rudders and marriages than most, wee monkey that he is!

<hr width=100% size=1>

TheBoatman

Visit site
<<<Women cannot meet men on their level of pi$$ taking>>>>

Your right there, women can't pi$$ take as well as men, but when it comes to psychological warfare women are second to none. According to my wife last week, I apparently made a statement at 14.30 hrs on the 18th of July 1974 in which I criticized her mother. Now I have to admit that I had no real recollection of having done this as after 30 years I had tended to forget the incident, but to her it was quoted as though it happened yesterday I had my legs neatly chopped from under me. As far as she was concerned that was the end of the argument has I could not “prove” that it didn’t happen!

It never ceases to amaze me that women have such a retentive mind when it comes to male indiscretions that occurred years ago,,,,,,,,,,,,, how do they do that?

<hr width=100% size=1>

Metabarca

Visit site
It's true, it's true! And it's a gender thing crossing all cultures. My better half is Argie and she also has total recall, a digital, instant-access recording of some dreadful deed I committed years ago. I suspect, however, that this recording goes through some morphing or 'cut-and-copy' process at some point because, whilst totally clear in her mind's eye, I am sure snippets are taken out of context or transformed in some way. It's a perfect, unbeatable system, because she has the overbearing conviction of being right, and I don't know what the hell she's on about.
:-(

<hr width=100% size=1>Adriatic links here: <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.comoy.com/saillinks.html>http://www.comoy.com/saillinks.html</A>