I DON'T WANNA NEW JAGUAR OK!?!?!?!?

Jimmy20V

Visit site
I DON\'T WANNA NEW JAGUAR OK!?!?!?!?

Strangely enough, I have an old one already......
Just in case you hadn't noticed, YBW.com now has insistant popups for the new cat. Arrghh!!! Is nowhere safe?? Why do I have to go out and buy an anti-popup application just to enjoy my favourite internet site without getting wound up!

Please webmeister personage, Talk to the powers that be and ask them why oh why oh why??? I have seen 3 surveys so far that state that the biggest turn off on the internet is pop-up advertising, but hey. I do understand that IPC is a media company which makes the majority of its money through advertising, and this forum and site is "free" and we are lucky to have such a service, but we do buy your magazines (most of us probably several) etc etc etc....

[rant mode /OFF]

Sorry, I'll be quiet.

<hr width=100% size=1>

rusty_nail

Visit site
In support of the Jag ad

pop-ups are often annoying and the stats you refer to are unsurprising. so i must be in the minority, but I actually think this ad is quite elegantly done. plus, it doesn't open another browser window, (which for me is the most annoying thing about pop-ip ads), and I find it very easy to find the close button.

putting aside my geeky admiration for the Flash animation and web scripting, I would rather see this ad on every website I encounter during the day, than to see 1 of those big, ugly ad spaces on the streets, buses and highways.

anyway, back to the grind. have a good one.

all the best

<hr width=100% size=1>

Geordiedreamer

Visit site
Re: In support of the Jag ad

Sorry Jimmy, I also agree with rusty-nail. Some of the popups on websites are really annoying opening other browser windows etc. But the Jaguar one is quite good. And if your favourite web site didn't get paid to allow such popups you might not be enjoying it for much longer. I'm quite prepared to close a few ads if I can go on enjoying the site. I must admit I too am impressed by some of the ads I encounter on the web ( few and far between though !!!!!!).

<hr width=100% size=1>

sailbadthesinner

Visit site
Re: I DON\'T WANNA NEW JAGUAR OK!?!?!?!?

place for this post is <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.ybw.com/cgi-bin/forums/postlist.pl?Cat=&Board=forum>here</A>
see kims response

<hr width=100% size=1><font color=red>if guinness is good for you. i must be very very good</font color=red>