I.C.C.

Mfc1955

Visit site
Can anyone tell me the answer...If going to France do you need the International Certificate of Competence for arrival in coastal ports. At my basic nav course last night the instructor stated that you do not need the ICC for 'just visiting' French harbours, Carteret, Port bail, St. Malo...only if you go inland up the Rance (and elsewhere) do you need the ICC....not sure that he is right ???

longjohnsilver

Visit site
He's perfectly correct, although from what I hear some of the French authorities don't seem to know it. Never been asked for it myself.

If you go inland you'll also need the CEVNI endorsement.

DepSol

Visit site
If you go to places like dielette and carteret you dont need it actually you wont even get asked for your passport. I go regulary and never been asked for any docs at all.

You can go part way up the Rance without an ICC about as far as the barrage I think may be a bit further.

On the trieste you can go as far as Lezadrieux without it also.

Dom

byron

RIP
Visit site
Just using the Ports you don't need the ICC. It is only when you go on their inland waterways is there a possibility you may be asked for it.

ô¿ô

byron

RIP
Visit site
Interesting side issue here. As the Channel Islands make their own maritime laws (they even still have the trusty blue book for part 1. Reg.) what happens when a C.I. registered vessel enters EEC controlled inland waterways?

ô¿ô

DepSol

Visit site
You have to have proof of ownership, ssr reg, receipt of purchase, ICC docs, part 1 reg, habour authority log book.

Dom

DepSol

Visit site
those are ands you can never carry enough info as they are suspect of CI people trying to sell boats VAT free and always check AFAIAA IMHO etc etc.

From Uk to CI you will need a boat Geoff and enough fuel to get here :)

oh and good weather usually helps (smothering it in sarcasm here)

Dom

DepSol

Visit site
Re: CI visit

Who pulled your chain?

If LJS can survive it with a bit of moaning then everyone else is bound to have a great time.

Dom

DepSol

Visit site
No Pauline something must be affecting your eye sight recently (wouldnt like to say what that is tho!) as that is for going from Gsy to Inland Waterways in France.

SSR is Small Ships Register and nearly everone over here has it. Part 1 reg is still indigenous (sp) to Gsy.

We in Gsy never try to keep anyone away its the crappos (Jersey lot) that do that by giving crap marina facilities and not letting you wsh your boat!

Look forward to meeting any of you lot coming over. Wil show you some nice places to go not where I sent LJS :)

Dom

DepSol

Visit site
Re: CI visit

Your only moaning cos I came in after you'd eaten and had a lovely steak sandwich and then told you to stick to the patois.

As a shandy drinker the real Guernsey ale gave you guts ache. You've got too used to your panache and san miguel from supermarket at Cherbourg :)

Pauline he obviously doesnt go to the nice places you do when you come over ;-)

piratequeen

Visit site
On our first cruise of the season last year to Granville we nearly got in very big trouble, as the French have a customs post there. They came round the pontoons looking for foriegn boats 'Aha Monseiur, your papers please?" Well we'd left them at home, the whole lot, passports, blue book, insurance etc. Next thing we've got 4 heavily armed men in the cockpit firing questions at us in very fast French! I don't know what it was that made them eventually shake their heads and go away, but they did mention fines of 10,000 francs and confiscation of the boat. Pretty serious huh? So don't EVER go to France without as many bits of paper as you can lay your hands on.

longjohnsilver

Visit site
Re: To hell and back!! <G> NM

Along with a big sigh I have to say that you're absolutely right.

Probably sooner rather than later, once I've stocked up with decent beer and plenty of baked beans!