Hull stripes

andyroo

Visit site
I currently have some 2 blue tape stripes along the hull which are about 4cm and 5cm above the waterline respectively. Due to their deterioration I now need to apply new ones. Does anybody know where I can buy these from, or should I be painting them on instead? I have tried local car accesory shops but they can only print coloured tape up to 2m at a time, which won't look very good on 29" boat! If I do need to use paint, what should I be using?

Any views welcome.

Many thanks in advance.

Andrew

ashanta

Visit site
There has been a few posts on this recently if you try a search. There are also companies that advertise regularly in the PBO that I have used.

Regards.

Peter.

Scubafill

Visit site
Pro-Boat have loads of PSB marine tapes in their brochure.
Check out their website www.proboat.co.uk
They may not supply direct as they are wholesalers but they will advise you of an outlet who stockes marine tapes.
They seem to have a very good reputation on this forum.
Phil

alec

Visit site
'Coveline' tape is designed for this purpose.

It is widely available in good chandlers. From memory, they have red, blue, yellow, green plus a good range of golds. I think it is sticky backed.

Regards,

garvellachs

Visit site
Hi Andrew - it's easy to get stripes made by a local sign-maker.They have UV-resistant sticky vinyl in all sorts of colours that they can cut in long lengths as wide as you like. Same as they use for vans etc.. Wider stripes are best applied wet - sounds daft 'til you try it dry. We've done them up to 10cm wide and more.