Hull cleaning & polishing (is 'Mer' any good?)

G

Hull cleaning & polishing (is \'Mer\' any good?)

I've used Y10 & Star-Brite hull cleaner to get orange stains out but there are still some ingrained marks on the hull. Is Marine T-Cut ok to use on GRP. I've tried a test patch but looks like I need to do the complete hull to bring the shine back up all over. Would applying a wax polish do the job without T-cutting. Also does anyone have any experience of 'Mer' polish?

G

Re: Hull cleaning & polishing (is \'Mer\' any good?)

Mer is good stuff but needs at least minimum 3 coats to be effective. It will remove some stains but it is primerily a wax type coating. It definately lasts longer than most waxes I've used. The first coats are difficult to get on(or off to be exact) but by the time you get to number 3 its very quick, best of luck ,hope your elbows in good nick

G

We have used Mer for the last 4 seasons and we are very pleased with it. It is also good for stainless steel, and fenders. Once a good quality coat is established the hull simply needs washing down and here a well diluted Mer/water solution works well before a full strength Mer coating is applied.

G

Yes I would agree with John. I have used Mer for almost 10 years and have been very pleased with the results. It is also excellent on cars.

G

I have just finished cleaning a very dirty hull first with T cut then Mer with wonderful effect.