hsb2 plus Raymarine system problems

geconomo

Visit site
I have an old(2004) hsb2 plus system (fish finder, autopilot, Radar and DTS organ ). This summer I had the following problems : 1. upon turning on the engines or only the batteries there is a contiuous beeping sound from the DST pisplay which can be temporarily stop by pressing any button on the display ,only to start back few moments later ... showing alarms for depth reading, speed or temp. 2. My L 760 fish finder with a B744v ttriducer works Ok when at the dock but as soon as the boat goes offshore or inshore to deeper wter there is no way I could see the bootom . Many "experts " told me different things ..like "change the system entirely" ...change the B744V triducer ", put an in hull transducer .. " there is malfunctioning DSP 300 etc,etc ,.. Does any of you folks has some similar experience?

baldyash

Visit site
I have a similar set up. Thru water speed and temp failed. Changed the 744 insert and resolved but depth would suddenly stop working. In the end bit the buillit and bought a dsp 300 used off e Bay. So far so good! Good luck!