How Warm are you?

Frankie-H

Visit site
Just up the road from Coromar, at Port Napoleon, We too had heavy snow yesterday. Mainly all gone now but very cold with ice on all the puddles and a howling mistral which will continue, on & off, for the next few days. I remembered to fill my water tanks thank goodness as the pontoon pipes are now frozen.

Inside all is warm, A small 750w fan heater. Backing up a 1kw radiating heater. 20.8c inside +/- freezing outside. Even the annimals don't much want to go out.

Plomong

Visit site
Hi all,

Here in Les Saintes Maries de la Mer in the S.o.F. it is 1C, snowing quite hard, and settling.

We have 2 fan heaters working on free electricity and the temp in the boat is 19C. There is still the Mikuni diesel heater if necessary. So this afternoon we are going to settle down to watch Dr Zigarvo with a bottle of last years sunshine, (a nice rose wine).

I'm really glad we came to the Med to keep warm in the winter!!

Best wishes,

Paul and Sue

Similar to what we are having here in the Basque Country. Yesterday we had snow all day, but not much. The mountains further inland are snow-topped with maybe 1 m coverage.

We are just on the coast, but under a 700 m mountain which is to our NE, so when the wind is from the NE and cold, we get snow in this valley even at 100m altitude.

More snow forecast for Sunday, along with strong winds.

Plomong

multihullsailor6

Visit site
Had 5.2°C this morning in my cat's saloon in Cartagena, Spain. Light frost could be seen on the fountains as we've had a cold northerly wind. Lunchtime figures should be back to "normal" at 17°C very soon, so back to al fresco lunches in the cockpit!

And this morning I had 4.4°C in the saloon! But not a cloud to be seen at 0815hrs so could turn into a nice day!

phanakapan

Visit site
hotter than I've ever been

A combination of 30 deg, cooking and eating a stinking hot curry made with scotch bonnet chillis and the menopausehas meant that I have never been so warm in all my life! (Prickly bay grenada_

Frankie-H

Visit site
Bloody freeezing here in Pt Napoleon. It has not been much above freezing for the last week and down to -4/8c at night. Pontoon water is turned off but I remembered to fill the tanks last Thursday, so should be ok for a couple more weeks. Fan heater and radiator are keeping the inside up to a nice 20c. Electricity is paid for @ €60.00 per month and gives 16+amps. Dosn't often trip if we take it up to 20amps by mistake! Stay warm.

Wife of Lofticus

Visit site
Mixed bag!

Just over the way from Burnout,

In the sun, out of the wind, t-shirt weather in the cockpit yesterday afternoon. But three fleeces, hat and scarf needed at 8am this morning:eek:

Not grumbling though, so far every Wednesday has been fine for BBQ except one since last October!

I love Cartagenarian winters :D

Frankie-H

Visit site
Hi Digbydog,

This newspaper warns of heavy snow in our area!!

http://www.connexionfrance.com/index.php

Turn up the heating, as our lecky is free we will.

Best wishes,

Paul and Sue

Hi Paul & Sue

I get the Connexion too. I think I prefer weather on line's version. Very cold but no snow. I have just been told that my neighbour saw 70+kn
last night. Certainly one of the worst mistrals I have seen here. My lecky is a standing charge so lots of heat. The animals don't even want to go out much. We must meet up sometime. Keep warm. All the best.

Harry

multihullsailor6

Visit site
Just over the way from Burnout,

In the sun, out of the wind, t-shirt weather in the cockpit yesterday afternoon. But three fleeces, hat and scarf needed at 8am this morning:eek:

Not grumbling though, so far every Wednesday has been fine for BBQ except one since last October!

I love Cartagenarian winters :D

All true but I did have ICE on my deck this morning! Nearly landed in the water!

Went sailing today on a friend's boat, around 1300hrs he even stripped off his t-shirt for an hour, it was that pleasant. Saw about 5 other boats sailing today.

Last edited:

coromar

Visit site
Getting warmer

Hi All,

Last night was the first night in a couple of weeks when the temperature didn't drop below 0oC.

Has Summer arrived? Or is Spring on its way at least?

Keep warm everyone, you lucky people in Spain!

Best wishes,

Paul and Sue

Frankie-H

Visit site
Hi All,

Last night was the first night in a couple of weeks when the temperature didn't drop below 0oC.

Has Summer arrived? Or is Spring on its way at least?

Keep warm everyone, you lucky people in Spain!

Best wishes,

Paul and Sue

Greetings from P Nap, Both. Yesterday we got our water back. Had a shower today and washed the black dust off the deck. Seems that we will be above 0c for untill next Tues & Wed. Positively springlike but we have three dead flamingoes in the port and all the plants, which were lulled into thinking spring had sprung, are now in a very sad way.

Stay warm. All the best. Harry