How to tell if it's coppercoat?

Hoblands

Visit site
I have just bought a boat and been told that the hull was copper coat antifouled around 4 years ago. The seller (dealer) doesn't have any documentation to prove this, just the previous owners word, and the assumtion that nothing will need doing for at least a few more years. The hull is certainly the bluey green colour that you'd expect for copper coat that has seen a couple of seasons, but is there any type of test I can do prior to launching to my pontoon berth to be certain that it won't need hauling out again after a month for fresh antifoul??

Thanks,
Paul

Hurricane

Visit site
Coppercoat is an Epoxy coating so would be very hard to scrape off. I have to sand mine with orbital sanders hard, before applying more CC. On the other hand, antifoul is easier to scrape off.
Once you have seen Coppercoat it should be easy to identify it again - I would be able to identify it immediately.

Hoblands

Visit site
Coppercoat is an Epoxy coating so would be very hard to scrape off. I have to sand mine with orbital sanders hard, before applying more CC. On the other hand, antifoul is easier to scrape off.
Once you have seen Coppercoat it should be easy to identify it again - I would be able to identify it immediately.
Thank you. I'll have a scrape when I next visit 👍

Close hauled

Visit site
Rub it with some water and wet and dry 150 - it will need a bit of effort because it’s hard and will go nice shiny copper coloured. Coppertcoat in my experience is not a miracle product. It needs regular scrubbing to remove slime in order to keep the copper activated.