How long will it take to get from South Dock

oldgit

Visit site
..to the the up river mustering point for the Boris River Bash ?
Will be going into South Dock the previous night and need to know what time to come out in order to be up at Imperial for the briefing.Will a couple of hours suffice ?

Gavi

Visit site
What time are you looking at doing it? I have been having similar mental meanderings today.

oldgit

Visit site
all timings tides etc subject to oldgits worrying lack of being able to count etc

What time are you looking at doing it? I have been having similar mental meanderings today.

Due to advancing years :)do not fancy coming round from Medway and then straight into the fray,so we go into Southdock on the Friday about lunchtime.

HW at Greenwich is 13.15 BST on Sat.
For a 1 metre draught boat there is 3 hour window to get over the cill.
So could be out by say 10.30am.
With briefing at 13.00 that gives about 2.5 hours to do the 10 miles up to Battersea.
Then moor, have a cup of tea and present oneself. ?

Does this make any sense at all . ?

Gavi

Visit site
It makes lots of sense. I just do not know the answer. I have been working on a passage plan myself this afternoon, but from the other way down. Then realised that it is easier from your way up. Particularly if you want to go up and down.

I am having a chat with a local waterman tomorrow morning and will seek his advice. A GYC member if that is any help to you.

But secretly I reckon you know the answer.

Other threads that may be of interest