How long can you live at anchor in the UK?

lektran

Visit site
You will have a knock on the hull most mornings from the harbour masters launch and somebody waving a credit card reader.
Depends on where you anchor. We weren't charged on Carrick Roads just south of Loe Beach, or just north of the Mylor moorings.

Seven Spades

Visit site
I think that your biggest challenge will condensation in the winter. We have such a climate that any form of heating will find you suffering from damp and mould.

Trident

Visit site
I think that your biggest challenge will condensation in the winter. We have such a climate that any form of heating will find you suffering from damp and mould.
To be fair blown air diesel brings in air from outside, dries it out somewhat and blows it in to the boat - we have a humidity gauge onboard and a dehumidifier. When we have the diesel heaters on we find humidity drops in to the 40% range within a couple of hours and the dehumidifier is not needed. The rest of the time we use a desiccant dehumidifier as a heater - ie when its warm enough that you just need a few degrees more to be comfortable and that keeps us warm and dry (and of course feeling warmer because the air is dryer) - this of course would not work at anchor with the A/C power draw but you could easily just leave the diesel heater on low 24/7 and you would see no mould or condensation. I think however the OP was saying he wanted to be at anchor in summer time - only a masochist or the destitute would live at anchor in winter in the UK.

lektran

Visit site
Strange, the harbour master boat came by to say hello while we were anchored south of Loe and told us there was no charge as they don't cover that area