How do you keep physically fit when cruising?

rotrax

South Oxon, Littlehampton and Wellington, NZ.
Visit site
Here in Spain we have Declathlon…….massive superstores with special cloths for every activity……I wonder how I managed to walk and cycle in the same clothes for all those years! …..Using the same trousers and donkey jacket

Ahh- the good old Donkey Jacket.
My father worked in the glazing industry, supplying huge quantities of glass to major civil engineering companies. He got me an executive one, no shiny patch on the back and with a nice lining, the same as he wore on site.

Alas, some bastard nicked it at Streatham ice rink.

The lesser mortals often had them with 'WIMPEY' on the back.

A very non PC acronim at the time for 'We Import More Paddy's Every Year'

Clancy Moped

Visit site
A husband and wife team on our pontoon in Calvi used to play swing ball, much to the annoyance of everyone else (6km white sandy beach 300 meters away)

johnalison

Visit site
The only recreational equipment we carried was sometimes a kite and regularly a set of boules. You can play boules almost anywhere and oddly enough it is popular around the Baltic and there is often a pitch or whatever it is called at marinas. Not too many calories expended, but it passes the time between drinks.

Daydream believer

Visit site
On my round part Britain (Via Cally canal) I found the extra distance to the pub more than adequate exercise. Normally requiring additional beverage, prior to return journey.
Just wish that I had been able to purchase the Brompton e-bikes much sooner :rolleyes:

Kelpie

Visit site
In warmer climes, hull cleaning is a pretty good whole body workout which pushes your cardiovascular system a lot.
Even more so in colder places. Despite a 5mm wetsuit, I wasprobably losing more calories through the cold than the exercise. Problem is I would climb back aboard and devour an entire packet of chocolate digestives in one go, through chattering teeth.

Neeves

Visit site
In warmer climes, hull cleaning is a pretty good whole body workout which pushes your cardiovascular system a lot.
Even more so in colder places. Despite a 5mm wetsuit, I wasprobably losing more calories through the cold than the exercise. Problem is I would climb back aboard and devour an entire packet of chocolate digestives in one go, through chattering teeth.
And your wife wondered, the first time, if the loss of your manhood might be permenant.

:)

Been there done that.

Jonathan

Poignard

Visit site
The only recreational equipment we carried was sometimes a kite and regularly a set of boules. You can play boules almost anywhere and oddly enough it is popular around the Baltic and there is often a pitch or whatever it is called at marinas. Not too many calories expended, but it passes the time between drinks.
The only recreational equipment we carry is a corkscrew and an oyster knife. 😊

IanCC

Visit site
West of Scotland also. Swimming, running, hill walking and cycling. Cycling as much a hobby as sailing so we take 2 full size road bikes with us over summer (31ft boat, 3 people, bikes live in forepeak with a smaller person). Can get both bikes and 3 people in a dinghy. Had some brilliant long rides in stunning locations so, to us, well worth it. Get some very strange looks when embarking/disembarking them though!
😮 What boat is that? What dinghy? Presumably you have to dismantle the bikes some.

penfold

Visit site
Here in Spain we have Declathlon…….massive superstores with special cloths for every activity……I wonder how I managed to walk and cycle in the same clothes for all those years! …..Using the same trousers and donkey jacket
Don't you get bother from the animal liberation types? 😁