how best to save useful threads

pcatterall

Visit site
I often come across threads that I would like to store for future reference and wonder if there are any clever ( but simple ways to do this?
Currently I am just pasting the thread title into a seperate list which I can refer to and presumably find with a search on that.
I seem to have little luck with the search system used here and often find it best to google the search parameters and get the link that way.
Any tips?

Stork_III

Visit site
I often come across threads that I would like to store for future reference and wonder if there are any clever ( but simple ways to do this?
Currently I am just pasting the thread title into a seperate list which I can refer to and presumably find with a search on that.
I seem to have little luck with the search system used here and often find it best to google the search parameters and get the link that way.
Any tips?
I open thread, right click on mouse, save to favorites, rename as required.

D

Deleted member 36384

Use the subscription service under thread tools. Also in your profile page there is an option to set up folders to subscribe to. I have a set of folders, about 15, with various names to categorise subjects e.g. Engine, Charging, Navigation.

If a thread is of interest I use the subscribe option, within the thread tools menu. Note that the thread tools menu can be found at the top of an open thread just above the first post.

elton

www.boatit.co.uk
As Stork_III says, just bookmark it by adding it to your Favourites. Create a new folder in Favourites called 'YBW Forum Favourites' to add them to. By default they'll be named as the title of the thread.

Fantasie 19

Visit site
Use the subscription service under thread tools. Also in your profile page there is an option to set up folders to subscribe to. I have a set of folders, about 15, with various names to categorise subjects e.g. Engine, Charging, Navigation.

If a thread is of interest I use the subscribe option, within the thread tools menu. Note that the thread tools menu can be found at the top of an open thread just above the first post.

+1

VicS

Visit site
Can you not simply save the page.

I've done it in the past from Internet explorer

it appears to be possible from Chrome.

VicS

Visit site
You can save a page, but you can't save a thread. In any case, you'd never see any subsequent posts to the thread.

So it would be possible to save a thread that ran over a small number of pages by saving each page separately but not really a practical proposition if it ran to a very large number of pages ?

elton

www.boatit.co.uk
So it would be possible to save a thread that ran over a small number of pages by saving each page separately but not really a practical proposition if it ran to a very large number of pages ?
That's correct. But I wonder why anyone would want to keep a (copy of a) thread. Surely all you want is a reference to it, i.e. a bookmark.