Hoshi

Violetta

Visit site
Any old ICC types here? Cornishman, for example. I think you are such a one, aren't you? Greetings!

I was reminiscing with friends last week about the lovely old schooner. I know she was on the market two or three years ago, being sold by "Wooden Ships". But does anyone know who bought her? What happened to her? Where she is now? Is someone giving her the expensive TLC she needed?

I have such happy memories of that old ship. SW Ireland in 1965, for example, with the redoubtable Judy and Verity. And Eric ("There'll be a SCENE!") I was between school and studenthood and thought I had died and gone to heaven.

I would love to hear any news that anyone may be able to give me.

Cornishman

Visit site
I believe the old lady was sold to France - but I heard a rumour that she was back in the UK this summer. Try calling the Club office - somebody there should know where she is.

Violetta

Visit site
Many thanks to both. I will certainly ring the club - hadn't realised it was still functioning. Good to know she is still to be seen in Salcombe too - painted cream, now, I believe, rather than the old ICC green. Lottery dream - to restore her to her original glory. But I have been told you have to buy a ticket in order to win (or, at least, that your chances of winning are marginally improved by buying a ticket) so I am not getting my hopes up.

Violetta

Visit site
New user, same old Violetta. Thank you for the welcome, Peter. Hope you are in fine fettle and enjoying the season.