HMRC Consultation.

StewartC

www.mby.com
More bad news on this front.

After November next year, diesel for leisure boat use will be subject to the standard rate of VAT, because...

"The reduced rate of VAT does not apply in any circumstances to a supply of hydrocarbon oil that is subject to a full (unrebated or unrelieved) rate of excise duty."

As the red (if the Govt goes with option A) we use after November 1st 2008 will be unrebated, then full VAT will be applied.

philip_stevens

www.celticwebdesign.net
Standard rate of VAT is 17.5%, but the government also add Excise Duty/Fuel Tax, that takes the price up to what we see on road diesel.

Will they be adding any Excise Duty/Fuel Tax to the red diesel to bring it up to road diesel prices.

What is the present rate of tax on red? Is it 8% or something?

Bobobolinsky

Visit site
Hm, I wonder why they did not choose to remove the rail and farming derogations as well?
Farmer Jones filling station and the cost of protecting the marshalling yards perhaps.

Robin

porteous

Visit site
At the risk of being lynched I thought I'd add a thought. The principle problem with charging us a low rate of duty seems to be the risk of fraud where different levels of duty are charged for the same fuel. As I understand it the dying of diesel is easy and almost costless when done in the refinery.

Low duty green (dyed) diesel for leisure boaters anyone?