hi all

kazbaz2

Visit site
after noticing the chat page in mby thought it was time to log in and join in all the fun,although the true reason will be to pick everyones brains and find out what im doing wrong! although i know why i ended up spending 10 hours of darkness waiting for the tide to lift me off the foulness sands this sunday (im told im not the 1st and wont be the last) but why did it co-incide with severe stomach upset? you can guess the rest! what a great start to the season

<hr width=100% size=1>

Happy1

N/A
Visit site
1. Have you had any proper boat training?
2. Do you have all the correct safety equipment on board?
3. Are you trained to use a VHF/ DSC radio and do you have one?

<hr width=100% size=1><font color=purple> "You only see what you recognise, and you only recognise what you know" <font color=purple>

Moose

Visit site
You must now get a MoBo Chat burgee from Haydn!!!

<hr width=100% size=1>
moosewalk.gif

Moose

byron

RIP
Visit site
<font color=blue>A local 'old salt' once told me that no Essex Sailor has the right to call themselves experienced until they had spent at least one tide high and dry on the Foulness Sands. So I guess you are now well and truly qualified /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

<hr width=100% size=1>http://www.alexander-advertising.co.uk

syd

Visit site
Hiya Kaz
So you tried to cut the corner did you? Where were you headed? I got stuck there for twelve hours when my gearbox failed last year, frightened the life out of us when the seals crept up in the dark and started making rude noises.

Syd :)

<hr width=100% size=1>

MedDreamer

Visit site
Medical problem

A doctor writes

"In prolonged periods of inativity such as the grounding of a motor boat the mind has a tendancy to drift onto various subjects and the sub-concious mind pushes itself into the concious domain. A train of thought will develop and the mind will explore this thought into its darker recesses. These will not be random thoughts, they will almost certainly relate to some recent or current activity/event. In this case you probably were developing the thought about how much the big lump of useless plastic you were sat in had cost you and how much it is likely to cost in future, this is almost certainly the reason why you s**t yourself".

<hr width=100% size=1>Martyn

sailbadthesinner

Visit site
I too have read that column
it is all made up by the editorial team.
nothing as funny or interesting ever appears on this site as goes on in the pages there
altho Brendan and HLB will contest that. but believe me its true /forums/images/icons/wink.gif
welcome anyway

<hr width=100% size=1><font color=red>I can't walk on water, but I do run on Guinness</font color=red>

byron

RIP
Visit site
<font color=blue>That wasn't Seals, it was your mate trying to get in your bunk and snuggle up. He told me, you used him and cast him aside like an old shoe.

<hr width=100% size=1>http://www.alexander-advertising.co.uk

oldgit

Visit site
Re: Welcome aboard...

Sandbanks.well at least they only do their job part time/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif
Ran aground at least twice(prob 6 times acshully) off of Shellness.It is very difficult to look cool and composed as the RNLI inshore rib nips across from Whitstable to see if your OK,when you are lying at 45 degrees and high and dry.
comment was....."surely you were here this time last year as well" .....No Nooo that must have been someone else Guv'/forums/images/icons/wink.gif

<hr width=100% size=1>My little Princess/forums/images/icons/laugh.gifthe 33 of course.

kazbaz2

Visit site
thanks for the welcome lads ,and yes happy i have all the licences and qualifications life equep and vhf...not that i was about to call for help as i had 60 cigs 1 pint of milk coffee and a couple of mates to tell me "of course it wasnt my fault"

<hr width=100% size=1>

Blue_Blazes

Visit site
Hi Kaz,

We don't have sandbanks here in Alderney, just nasty rocks. I only clipped one once, and then only at dead slow speed. Just sort of went bump, leaned a bit and slid off sideways. Funny, the first thing I did (apart from swearing) was look round to see if anyone had noticed. Then checked for leaks and crept carefully back the way I'd come. Fortunately no damage done due to substantial tubular steel "Jersey" keel.

<hr width=100% size=1>

sailbadthesinner

Visit site
ypou had opne of your notes published by mr issitt in his former rag
doth you not?

<hr width=100% size=1><font color=red>I can't walk on water, but I do run on Guinness</font color=red>

sailbadthesinner

Visit site
brendan
twas aaages ago, before xmas at least
i think it was about dogs at SBS