HHA Sunken Yacht

Leighb

Visit site
I would expect the Port Authority will get that lifted ASAP? Otherwise it will be disrupting operations. Presumably it broke adrift from a mooring somewhere in the storm.

johnalison

Visit site
Anyone know the story? Very sad, hope no one injured/hurt
Blown off its moorings perhaps? Designations of yachts can be quite vague, so it might be a small motor boat. In either case, I wouldn't think that it would be much risk to most of the ships there, a bit like me brushing past a crab pot marker.

Kukri

East coast UK. Mostly. Sometimes the Philippines
Visit site
Whilst a boxboat of the size to use that berth can probably just sit on the wreck and not notice, there is always the risk of debris getting into a thruster, and such like, and the dredger won’t want it in her gear. That berth needs almost constant dredging. Not a nice job for a diver but the wreck can be dragged for with grapnels assuming there is something for a grapnel to catch on.

Independence

Visit site
There were 2 smallish cruising boats anchored close to the shore around the Orwell bridge area. I noticed yesterday that there is now only 1.

I wonder if it is the boat that has gone, whether the high tide lifted the anchor and sent it off towards Harwich

Only guessing

WF36

Visit site
There were 2 smallish cruising boats anchored close to the shore around the Orwell bridge area. I noticed yesterday that there is now only 1.

I wonder if it is the boat that has gone, whether the high tide lifted the anchor and sent it off towards Harwich

Only guessing
Nope, that got blown over to the other side of the river and then recovered I am lead to believe! Not sure where it is now though...