HELP

G

Best one in your area until he retires is Davis Marine in Ramsgate. I swear by him, unfortunately he retires soon as his son shows no interest in the business and has taken a full time job as the Ramsgate Life Boat's engineer.

G

With the departure of the Volvo agent in Dover,can anyone help me with a GOOD marine engineer, that will not RIP me off. Many thanks.

G

Re: the ex-agent wasn\'t ripping you off but...HELP

was he perhaps undercharging? Maybe doesn't apply in this case, but the guys who charge sensible money stay in business, the guys who do too much for too little seem to wither away.

G

Thank you for your speedy replies,it has been suggessed to me from members of my club that there are two certain firms to beware of in Dover, one of whom has now departed. I am very wiery of these slap dash business's and was wondering if there are any ' one man bands ' in operation. What i'm trying to say is that i want ... a engineer who loves boats and not just in it for money.

I would like regular services,sercurity and committment to my vessel when i am in London.

Not someone that say's they have done a job and HAVE clearly not.

G

Is Dog Boat one of those very rare Ketch's made by Freeman?

G

Whats the name of your vessel? Where is it moored ?

My wife and i saw a Dog Boat rally and would like to know where to purchase one .

I would advise that you sail to Ramsgate, they offer more engineering skills there,than the ' COWBOYS ' i have met at Dover.

If Dover is your choice in cruising area,use Dover Yacht Company ( DYC ).We found them to be well priced,cheerful and do what they sat they will do and do it professionally.

G

why not try folkestone and give the diesel engineer wanker under the clock in dover a wide berth

engine rip offs and fuck ups are the best he can do

G

Now! Now! Now! don't hide behind pretty words, come out and say what you really mean.