Help with sourcing a replacement roller?

kcrane

Visit site
Can anyone point me in the right direction to source a replacement for this nylon roller?

It is 38mm wide and has a diameter of 42mm, with a hole through the centre which is 8mm.

As you can see it has a groove cut into it by the tender retrieval cable and needs replacing. Princess Parts drew a blank, though it was originally fitted during build.

IMG_0016_zps657rrq3l.jpg

aquapower

Visit site
Can anyone point me in the right direction to source a replacement for this nylon roller?

It is 38mm wide and has a diameter of 42mm, with a hole through the centre which is 8mm.

As you can see it has a groove cut into it by the tender retrieval cable and needs replacing. Princess Parts drew a blank, though it was originally fitted during build.

IMG_0016_zps657rrq3l.jpg

Try Cooney Marine, they supply most boat builders, or failing that have one made.

www.cooneymarine.co.uk

kcrane

Visit site
if you can't find one on the shelf somewhere, just ask someone with a lathe to clean up the radius in the one you already have and refit it the other way round rather than make a new one.

My tech studies teacher from 45 years ago, in the old block of my O level school, that's the last person I knew who had a lathe :)
I obviously move in effete social circles !

kcrane

Visit site
Yep, we did, but I'm in Lincolnshire mid-week, so unfortunately not in the S West. Would it work for you to PM an address and I can send the old roller?

Last edited: