Help Required

MedDreamer

Visit site
I have a Quicksilver throttle control (for single engine) which has a rocker switch for trimming the outdrive and a gauge that tells me the angle of the leg.

There is also a ""Trailer" button for lifting (and presumably lowering) the leg. I have no instructions about this so can anyone tell me how to use this button - or more particuarly how I can tell that the leg is submerged to the maximum.

Hope I have made myself clear, any help would be much appreciated

<hr width=100% size=1>Martyn

DepSol

Visit site
Not sure if you can use this button when engine is running or in gear with this one however, try this then vary it with engine off or in neutral.

1 put engine out of gear ie throttle straight up
2 trim engine up using the rocker switch till it stops
3 now press and hold the rocker switch up as you press the trailer switch together
4 this should move the leg up

sometimes the trailer switch can be used on its own, ie press the switch and it moves it into trailer position on its own.

It’s a question of trial and error to see which works.

<hr width=100% size=1>Dom

2003 is going to be a good year for me

MedDreamer

Visit site
Thanks Dom.

What you have outlined is certainly the way to raise the leg, my concern is how do I lower it again. Is it just by pressing the down button on the trim rocker switch or do I have to do something with the Trailer button as well?

DepSol

Visit site
Just press the rocker switch down, until the dial reads 0.

<hr width=100% size=1>Dom

2003 is going to be a good year for me

MedDreamer

Visit site
Thanks for the advice, once again you are all the fountain of all knowledge

jfm

Visit site
The trailer and trim up buttons do the same thing, almost. Only difference is that the trim-up circuit also has a microswitch wired in series, which opens the circuit when the drive has raised to the maximum in-gear running angle, so stopping the hydraulic pump. The trailer switch simply bypasses this microswitch (and on some outdrives, not outboards, has a use-in-neutral-only microswitch instead).

There is only one down button should be used to trim the leg down either when running or from the trailer position

<hr width=100% size=1>

Gtdog

www.premier-sea.co.uk
You should be wary of lifting the leg beyond normal trim levels with the engine running. The CV joint was probably not designed to manage that angle!
I have had a few customers with gearbox damage due to this.

If you have no trim indicator, you can normaly hear the pump motor load up when the ram reaches its full travel.

Best of Luck,

Dog

<hr width=100% size=1>Work? You call this Work?