Help please ?

runner911

Visit site
Just finalising preparations to re-launch my Merry Fisher 655 next Thursday, 14th April, after winter lay up.

All well , except that having fitted the batteries, I find the engine circuits are working , but the domestics circuits are dead.

No readily visible reason, and everything was working last Autumn.

Any ideas ?

me2

Visit site
There should be a fuse in the smaller red wire at the battery switch . This wire runs along the wood near the gearbox and up to the main fusebox behind the wooden panel in the loo.

runner911

Visit site
You were absolutely correct .

Located the fuse holder this a.m. . NO FUSE in it ! Where on earth it has gone is a total mystery. The boat has been in a yard since last November 4th.

The only logical suggestion is that someone has been on board, opened the engine cowling and taken the fuse.

Why anyone would pinch a 25 amp spade fuse is beyond me ! It's not as if the thing could have been accidentally knocked out either.

Anyway all is now sweetness and light and everything works fine.

Thank you for your advice.

Ripster

Visit site
As you say - very odd. If its not you and you have not had any work done, perhaps someone with light fingers needed one and knew yours was easy to get at. They could have at least replaced it. Either that or the fuse-fairies took it :)

Firefly625

Visit site
As you say - very odd. If its not you and you have not had any work done, perhaps someone with light fingers needed one and knew yours was easy to get at. They could have at least replaced it. Either that or the fuse-fairies took it :)

easy way of telling if it was the fuse-fairies, just check under your pillow, you should find a nice shiny £1 coin. :rolleyes:

SolentPhill

Visit site
Just finalising preparations to re-launch my Merry Fisher 655 next Thursday, 14th April, after winter lay up.

All well , except that having fitted the batteries, I find the engine circuits are working , but the domestics circuits are dead.

No readily visible reason, and everything was working last Autumn.

Any ideas ?

Stupid as it sounds did you test batteries, could be on charge all winter, dry out and no power/voltage