Help please with oil seal ID

Cantata

Visit site
I just overhauled my Jabsco electric toilet with one of their service kits. The one part that did actually need renewing was the motor shaft seal, that keeps the toilet contents away from the electrics. So I thought I'd try to get a couple more of them rather than pay through the nose for more service kits. As the toilet are designed to flush with sea water I presume the spring in the seal is s/s - it certainly looked OK after 5 years, anyway.
The seal is marked 'MTP 2988 57'. Can anyone please enlighten me as to how the id works, or better still point me to a source for this seal? Had a go with Google but ran out of understanding at what came up.

VicS

Visit site
I just overhauled my Jabsco electric toilet with one of their service kits. The one part that did actually need renewing was the motor shaft seal, that keeps the toilet contents away from the electrics. So I thought I'd try to get a couple more of them rather than pay through the nose for more service kits. As the toilet are designed to flush with sea water I presume the spring in the seal is s/s - it certainly looked OK after 5 years, anyway.
The seal is marked 'MTP 2988 57'. Can anyone please enlighten me as to how the id works, or better still point me to a source for this seal? Had a go with Google but ran out of understanding at what came up.

Bearing stockists usually also stock seals
AFAIK they are normally based on the housing diameter and the shaft diameter. And thickness ???.
Take the old one in and see if they can match it.

you may not get a st st one over the counter of you average stockist though

If they offer to order you one check on any delivery charges cos I was once charged an astronomical sum for delivery ( from another branch IIRC ) for a seal worth a few pence.

MTP is , Multiple Corporation, a global original equipment manufacturer and first-tier supplier of premium quality seals to major automotive companies around the world. I guess the numbers are their part or catalog number

Last edited: