Help in identifying engine

stuhaynes

www.best-camping-stoves.com
I'm doing the head gasket on the engine pictured, but before I take the head off I'd like to identify the engine. To me it looks like the same engine used in the Peugot 504 in the 70's. At this time the engines had the alloy head and were very prone to blowing the head gaskets.

If it helps the head casting says Indenor 7942000 589 which is (I think) the xd88 model. It also shows the serial number 5043143 (are the first 3 numbers a clue)

As always, the panels comments are happily received

ATB Stu

Last edited:

rjcoles

Visit site
Sounds like a Ford Lehman 2 litre diesel. The base engine was made by Indenor for the 504 and then marineised by Lehman and I think Volvo. Lehman when bust many years ago and the original marinised parts are not available. Alternative replacement parts may be found at lancing marine etc.

Heckler

Visit site
I'm doing the head gasket on the engine pictured, but before I take the head off I'd like to identify the engine. To me it looks like the same engine used in the Peugot 504 in the 70's. At this time the engines had the alloy head and were very prone to blowing the head gaskets.

If it helps the head casting says Indenor 7942000 589 which is (I think) the xd88 model. It also shows the serial number 5043143 (are the first 3 numbers a clue)

As always, the panels comments are happily received

ATB Stu
More info here http://www.ybw.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-252081.html
Stu

scottie

Visit site
Looks like a barely or non marinised engine so your back to peugot applications

May well be a replacement for a md21