Help convert wife?

Doffy

Visit site
Anyone in Nuiewporte 27th july in 38ft yacht, who can show my wife that sailing is not a bad way to go from A-B-C, I was tempted with a Bavaria 44 that was advertised new for £99000 any comments etc.
Regards from a wave making stinker sorry!

billmacfarlane

Visit site
It's a question that's comes up frequently Doffy. Are you a motor boat owner and trying to get your wife interested in sailing ? Does your wife like being at sea on the motor boat ? If you want to see if your wife might enjoy sailing why not arrange a sailing course ? It'd be much more effective than showing her the interior of a yacht.

sailbadthesinner

Visit site
a few schools do all female courses too.
i got mine converted by taking her in the med
admittedly she is refusing to come to Largs in august but hey hoh it will be a lads trip.

...It was like that when i found it!

G

Get her out for a sale on a smaller cruising catamaran. Once they try cat, they never go back <wink>
Lock

sailbadthesinner

Visit site
Re: cats whiskers, agree

I agree I did that last year. 2 weeks in the bollyeriks. ace. cruising at nine knots up wind cooking with full views of scenery and no heel.

expensive hobby tho' plus if its a big cat need quite a few to justify cost of charter.
did meet a guy who had built his own 29 footer ex olympic sailor he had done it at a reasnable price.

The girls loved the cat tho' much preferred it to monohulls
in fact i was very taken as well

...It was like that when i found it!

iangrant

Visit site
In 10 years I've got nowhere with the conversion! The secret is as the kids get older take them - it's great fun. My 9 year old loves sailing - Wives don't like all this leaning over stuff you see - cold, wet, messes up the hair/gin/not being in control of the household..................
Good luck, don't let it spoil your sailing.
Centre parks , the holiday the weather cannot spoil!
A week away with the lads - the holiday the wife cannot spoil.

Ian

andrewhopkins

Visit site
Shopping

If your wife is like mine, she loves shopping. Consequently, I include a stopover in places like Cowes so they can go round a get their fix even it is Musto and Gill rather than Chanel and Gautier

jimi

Visit site
Agree with the rest, go to the Med & do a charter around Bodrum, lovely town,lovely weather,lovely sailing, lovely food,lovely people, lovely prices .. Wife got converted there! She did'nt even mind the guard rails in the water. At home with more than 5 degrees of heel I've got to start reefing!

Jim

Doffy

Visit site
Yes but women like the pretty bits, she does like a good thrash?? we used to sail a small local keel boat during the local regatta allways up the front so no problem with the tippy overbit she did object to the Merlin rocket too much string.
Heated coveralls a must though.
Thank boys a charter might be the way, still like to meet anyone on hols to belguim, etc just to share Gin etc.

G

Just got back from taking the wife crusing on the West Coast of Scotland. Fog, rain, high winds plus a very small amount of sun wern't enough to convert her.

I am going to try the med next time, don't think wild horses would get her up to Scotland again anytime soon...

Gunfleet

Visit site
Try a charter in Holland. You can stay inland, you can sail, you can moor up in the centre of a pretty town, you can treat her to restaurant dinners, she can shop whenever she wants, also visit art galleries and similar female necessities. Sold. Ithengu.