Hello.

Norfolk_Matt

Visit site
It is really gratifying and humbling to have so many helpful people respond to my post. It definitely feels like I really need to get some boat time in a safe space (comparatively) before getting my feet salty.

There are a lot of things for me to learn and understand of course, but I remain enthusiastic about it. It just feels like the right direction to go, even if ultimately, it takes a little time.

GEM43

Visit site
It is really gratifying and humbling to have so many helpful people respond to my post. It definitely feels like I really need to get some boat time in a safe space (comparatively) before getting my feet salty.

There are a lot of things for me to learn and understand of course, but I remain enthusiastic about it. It just feels like the right direction to go, even if ultimately, it takes a little time.
The learning and the gathering of the experience is all part of the fun; you seem to be approaching the subject in precisely the correct frame of mind, I have no doubt that you’ll succeed and enjoy it along the way, bon chance!

GunfleetSand

Visit site
I know nothing about your area but our son-in-law is also NFNN. Boating is easy, whatever the type, and if you can sail a modest fishing boat won’t be hard. The difficult bit is dealing with the externals, which may involve permits, licences etc, as well as maintenance. The other factor is that while boating is 99% fun, Neptune is under contract to gather several dozen corpses each year and has a habit of calling on those who don’t give him enough attention, or possibly libation. Safety therefore is not just an add-on but has to be part of your thinking from the start.
Here here. Powerboat 2 course for you and radio course. With my libation level upped a little I’m commenting before reading thread to end - scuse duplicate advice.