Hello and I have a request.........

buggerlugs

Visit site
First off, I'm new here, so hi to everybody /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'm not a sailor yet, but I am very keen to become proficient with a view to cruising around the UK and eventually to the Med and maybe further. So, to the point......

I'm interested in a 50% share in a cruising spec yacht, ideally something in the 30 - 40ft range. If anybody was/is considering such a move then please drop me a line, likewise I'm also interested in an arrangement with someone perhaps looking to make a fresh purchase or is wanting to upsize.

I might also consider a 1/3 share if the yacht is right.

My email is: buggerlugz@ntlworld.com

Sorry if this is in the wrong place /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

emnick

Visit site
Hello, You could try Yacht Fractions or Boats & outboards they deal in yacht shares. I am in a syndicate and for me it works well, I have a quarter share ina 32' yacht. I have heard some horror stories as well. Good luck hope you find what you want

Norman_E

Visit site
Welcome.
Most syndicates require a certain level of experience / competence in members, (mainly because the other members want to be sure of getting the boat back in one piece) so the first thing to do is get some training, and then offer to crew on boats, to gain experience.

christopherc

Visit site
I started same as you, keen but no boat. Found best way to get experience was to charter with some mates after taking day skipper course. That was six years ago or so, bought first boat last year and very pleased too (except problems with oil filter earlier today, see other post!). I'd definitely recommend some charter trips first, it will help in deciding which boat to go for

ostra4

Visit site
Hi , we started with an eight (!!!!) share of a boat which gave losts of problem -too many owners then we moved to a quarter share for nealy eight years in a cobra 850 based in med .We hade very few problems and nearly got our money back when we sold share .A smaller share will be available for the price of one charter and this allows you to share some of the worries as a new starter with probably lots of good advice as you get more confident .We eventually progressed to our own boat but the share avenue provided us with invaluable experience at a price we could afford .
Good luck with which ever route you choose .

johndisney

Visit site
It depends on where you live, if your near the coat then go along to the local yacht club and ask there. People are always looking for crew, I am always asking folk. If you live inland then the best way to start is again go along to your local sailing cloub and offer to crew for anyone who wants a crew. The best way to lear to sail is in a dingy if you can sail a small boat then the big ones are easier in a lot of respects because the reactions are slower. Let me know your general area and I may be able to put you in touch with a club.