Helford River meet

Riggy

Visit site
Sorry I'm only a Mobo'er visiting Scuttlebut but would be glad to meet anyone on this 'meet' in the Helford Passage for a pint or three. May I remind anyone visiting on the 7th of May weekend that on the 8th of May it is Flora Day (Cornish Pagan rituals and all that seeing out the Winter and seeing in the Spring) in Helston just down the road a few miles and a helluva two-day party it always is too. If you can make it to the world famous Blue Anchor to sample some traditional beer (brewed on the premises since 1200 and something) ....see you in there for a rousing sing-in/drink-in/lock-in etc. If anybody needs transport to 'The Blue' and/or overnight stay from Helford area....several bedrooms available for forumites/good drinkers as long as you like dogs and cats....

pragmatist

Visit site
I think this may have been proposed by Snowleopard - suspect he's about to board a plane down under to return to the UK so you may not get a response from him for a bit.

I'd like to go - will have to work on HWMBO.

Riggy

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Hi,

is this party as good as the Padstow "Obby Oss", went their last year, great fun !

Hamish

[/ QUOTE ]

Just as good...slightly different though, as half the townsfolk dance thru the town and round peoples' gardens in top-hats and tails and blancmange dresses, preceded by the Helston Town Band playing the 'Floral Dance'...but all the pubs in town are a-reelin'-an-a-arockin-an'-a-singin'....Gotta get yerselves to the Blue Anchor...

snowleopard

Visit site
Yes. I cannot tell a lie, it was I.

I'll be sorting out fuller details later though there is a possibility I will be crewing for JDB on his return from St Maarten at the time so it may have to be moved back a bit.

p.s. Oz was great, full story & pics when the jetlag wears off.

Other threads that may be of interest