heating in sun odyssey 35 ?

petibonvm

Visit site
hello everyone, have you installed an air heater on a SunOdyssey 35? where did you pass the ducts? Thanks for your help.

seumask

Visit site
Not the same boat, but on our SO 37, 2001 vintage the Webasto air heater is installed in the aft of the port cockpit seat locker and the ducting is fed from there along the port side of the boat to the outlets in the heads, main cabin and forecabin. your need to look carefully at where the approx. 50mm dia ducting needs to go but I think it should be fairly possible as this is fitted on many boats.

Clancy Moped

Visit site
Not the same boat, but on our SO 37, 2001 vintage the Webasto air heater is installed in the aft of the port cockpit seat locker and the ducting is fed from there along the port side of the boat to the outlets in the heads, main cabin and forecabin. your need to look carefully at where the approx. 50mm dia ducting needs to go but I think it should be fairly possible as this is fitted on many boats.
We did the same on the same boat, we added an outlet in the cockpit, with the winter tent up it was quite cosy.

ctva

Visit site
Might be worth asking on the Jeanneau forum, Home | Jeanneau Owners Forum

We have an owners version SO342 and the heater is behind the owners cabin at the stern with the ducting running through the port cockpit locker, behind the toilet and in through the hanging locker on the port side. Outlets in the cabin, toilet and exterior of the hanging locker.

jwilson

Visit site
hello everyone, have you installed an air heater on a SunOdyssey 35? where did you pass the ducts? Thanks for your help.
In my SO35 (single aft cabin version) the heater itself is in the transom compartment aft of the behind the heads locker - really awkward access, but do-able. You have to crawl in and then remove a panel. The ducts are teed off - one to starboard to the aft cabin and two others feeding along the port side hull alongside cable trunking to the heads, saloon and forecabin.

jaminb

Visit site
On my SO37 heater is under the gas locker, ducting down the port side with a branch to the starboard aft cabin. Looks easy but I didn't install it! The guy that did came back to fix the heater the other and despite having put on a few pounds could still get to the heater!

Clancy Moped

Visit site
On my SO37 heater is under the gas locker, ducting down the port side with a branch to the starboard aft cabin. Looks easy but I didn't install it! The guy that did came back to fix the heater the other and despite having put on a few pounds could still get to the heater!
Likewise, if you have the owners version it is a cavernous amount of space.