Heating a Turbo 36

G

I am looking for a heating system to fit in a Fairline Turbo 36 that would have the capability of heating the cabin areas as well as heating a water supply for the shower etc. So far I have only been able to find separate systems for each, and would like to hear if anyone has any ideas, or has fitted a similar system themselves. Any company names would be of great help, as I have been very unsuccessful when searching on the internet, but it's getting very cold!!

G

You need to contact B A Peters, they are the Fairline people, they have a hudge yard in Chichester and do everything from your average engine service to building the last Westerly yachts. www.petersplc.com

G

Dave

I have looked into this as well. Ebersbacher do their hydronic? unit which heats water and therefore the calorifier. You can also pump hot water around the boat to small fan radiator units.

Also you can get a similar unit from Mikuni this works in exactly the same way. It does however have an advantage over the Ebersbacher in that they do a central radiator fan unit with multiple outlets for hot air in the same way that the hot air heaters work.

Both units are a similar price about £800 for the boiler plus piping, radiators and installation. I am considering replacing my Mikuni blown air for one of these units.

Ebersbacher advertise in the boating mags, the Mikuni's are harder to find but there is a supplier in Port Solent.

Hope this helps

Colin

G

I would also recommend Mikuni having fitted a warm air unit a few years ago. Tel no Southampton 528777.