Heaters

Graham376

Boat on Mooring off Faro, Home near Abergele
Visit site
Need to replace my 20+ years old Eber with either Autoterm or Chinese, as getting smell of diesel in hot air so likely the heat exchange has a hole in it. Will need heater + decent control + pump + adaptors to 75mm Eber ducting already installed. Already have 24mm exhaust and skin fitting so they can be reused.

Looking at Planar/Autoterm, UK prices quite a bit dearer than SVB in Germany but both far more expensive than Chinese. UK supply also has disadvantage of carriage, VAT, duty, etc to EU if not brought here personally in hold bag.

Have link to adaptors for Planar (thanks Paul) but none of the Chinese heater sites I've looked at list inlet and outlet diameters, are they all the same, what's the size, any links?

LittleSister

Me Norfolk/Suffolk border - Boat Deben & Southwold
Visit site
We definitely do want hot water heating

Kettle? ;)

Have link to adaptors for Planar (thanks Paul) but none of the Chinese heater sites I've looked at list inlet and outlet diameters, are they all the same, what's the size, any links?

That's one of the reasons I bought an Autoterm rather than Chinese - full installation and operating information, dimensions and specs, plus after-sales service/advice versus none; tales of people ordering 2kW Chinese heaters and getting 5kW ones instead (without necessarily having room for them, etc.); and apparent need to spend lots of time Facebook (argh!) trying to understand what you've got from some fly-by-night on eBay and how to install and operate it.

Each to his her own, but it strikes me one buys a heater to make one's life more pleasant, and the aggro and uncertainty of the Chinese cheapies work against that.

Daedelus

Visit site
Showering? Bourgeois decadence!

Do you think Captains Cook, Vancouver, Nelson et al and their crews had showers? Britain didn't get to dominate the world by having showers. No wonder the country is going to the dogs! ;)
They didn't take their wives sailing with them. Not just showers - hot showers.