Hazed PVC bimini windows - How to clean?

solar

Visit site
After use of some cleaner to remove green from my bimini cover the windows became very un clear to look throw.
Tried soap-aceton-tiner with no real improvement.
Am I facing replacement of windows or is there some magic stuff that will make them clear again?

RichardS

N/A
Visit site
After use of some cleaner to remove green from my bimini cover the windows became very un clear to look throw.
Tried soap-aceton-tiner with no real improvement.
Am I facing replacement of windows or is there some magic stuff that will make them clear again?

There are many threads about this. There are several "amateur" solutions but professional solutions can be bought from companies like Renovo.

Richard

joha

Visit site
Try Starbrite's plastic cleaner, this worked for me was amazed at the difference. I had tried Meguirs and renovo and both were pretty useless, made no difference at all.

J

vyv_cox

coxeng.co.uk
The problem is that there are two causes of opaqueness in the plastic used for hood windows. The surface discolouration caused by water, salt, general muck and oxidation can be removed with a variety of products. We found some stuff from Halfords, Armorawl(?) to be quite effective. However, the other cause is that the plasticiser leaches out of the material. This occurs throughout its thickness, so a surface cleaner will not be effective.

solar

Visit site
In my case that anti-green stuff I used seems to glue or melt itself on the plastic window.
I was able after a lot of work with aceton/tiner to clean off some of it but I still can see it on the window and I wonder if I can scrub more or all of it off without damaging the plastic own matireal?